Meeting Leader - Ed Ferguson
This is a no charge (free) orientation meeting to acquaint members seeking to use the Guild shop, but not yet certified, with shop operations and the shop user certification process. Attendance at an orientation meeting is required prior to pursuing certification or enrolling in one of the Machine Skills Classes that will be offered in the near future.
This is for anyone wanting to use our shop, from raw beginners through advanced and professional woodworkers.
If you already have a Green Card, you do not need to attend this meeting.
The agenda detailed below includes some preparation work to be completed prior to the meeting.
• An overview of the new Guild Safety Program and Machine Skills Classes
• Attendees will need to read the Safety and Operations documents provided on the Guild website and bring the written test with answers to the meeting. The exam will be graded during the meeting and used as a teaching aid, as well as providing the Guild with some understanding of the skill levels of the attendees.
• Attendees are asked to complete a self assessment of their knowledge and skills for the machines the Guild has in place and bring it to the meeting.
• A one hour safety video
• General safety standards and courtesy protocols
• A brief introduction to the machines in the shop
Questions? Please contact Michael Rothman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class is for Guild Members only. Not a Member? Visit the Membership page and JOIN now.